Feeling like you want to get rid of your pet because its hair is all over your carpet? Please do not sacrifice your pet’s companionship.
Having pet hair on the carpet happens very often but you do not have to worry anymore because there are very many ways you can use to have your hairless beautiful carpet back.
Below are some tips from WikiHow on how to eliminate all this hair without spending a lot money.
Eliminating Pet Hair From Your Home
- Baking soda – Sprinkle the baking soda and leave it for sometime. After a few minutes, simply vacuum over the spot and the hair will come out.
- Using a fabric softener – Obtain a fabric softener and mix it with water. Then spray the solution on your carpet and leave it to dry. Vacuum the room normally. The purpose of the softener is to loosen up hair and thus making it easier for you to remove.
- Using a damp sponge – Obtain a clean sponge and dampen it. First of all, clean the carpet with a good vacuum, and then gently rub it with a sponge. Hair will roll up into balls that you can easily pick using your hands.
- Using a sellotape – Wrap some sellotape on your hands making sure that the sticky part is facing outwards then rub the carpet and the fur will stick on the sellotape.
- Gloves – Put on either latex or rubber gloves and dampen them. Then rub over the surface to attract all the loose hair.
- An inflated balloon – This can help you remove hair as its surface has static electricity and thus hair will easily stick on it. All you need to do is to rub the balloon over the surface.
- Using a rubber broom – As a result of static electricity, hair will stick onto the brush.
- Using the rubber soles – This is a very simple method. All you need to do is to wear the rubber shoes and then drag your feet over the carpet. Hair will stick on the rubber soles. Use your hands to remove the mess from the rubber soles and throw it away.
- Using rug rakes – Before you vacuum your carpets, use a rug rake to sweep on its surface.
- Soaking the palm of your hand – Gently rub the palm of your hand over the surface. The hair will become wet and hence heavier allowing to clump and stick on your palm.
- Using velcro curlers – Rub the velcro curlers all over surface.
- A window squeegee – Obtain an old mop handle and attach it to the window squeegee, using the rubber blade rake up as many strands as you can. If any hair remains, vacuum normally and it will be long gone.
- Regularly vacuum your carpet.
- Feed your pet with a good diet to reduce the hair loss that occurs due to poor nutrition.
You can comfortably use one or more of the aforementioned ways that can help you get rid of the hair from your carpet. Therefore, the agony of having to spend a lot of time cleaning is a thing of the past. Do not allow yourself to live with a hairy carpet day in day out and let the above tricks help you get your beautiful carpet back.